AVIATION SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER
You will be responsible for managing safety and compliance for the Castle Air AOC, ATO and MAA operations. The safety and compliance manager is the principal safety and compliance advisor to the Accountable Manager (AM) and assists with compliance and regulatory matters in support of all Approvals held. The safety and compliance manager is the primary point of contact between Castle Air and the CAA/MAA when dealing with safety and regulatory matters.
Required Experience and / or Qualifications
- Must be acceptable by the Civil Aviation Authority via Form 4 interview
- Sound knowledge of EASA Part-ORA, EASA Part-ORO, EASA Part-FCL, EASA Part-CAT, MAA MRP, CAP371 and CAP789.
- Must have auditing experience, ideally in an aviation background.
- Safety experience in aviation, engineering or similar.
- Prior use of Centrik highly desirable.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in dealing with safety reports effectively and in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Facilitate hazard identification, risk analysis and management including conducting and reviewing risk assessments for new activities
- Chair regular flight safety (SRB and SAG) meetings providing regular reports on Safety Performance.
- Formulating and disseminating current reports and literature that relate to safety items deemed appropriate for the type of operation
- Ensuring incidents/occurrence forms are completed, filed and actioned in a timely manner.
- Managing investigations into safety incidents/occurrences
- Communicating with external flight safety organisations when required
- Reviewing and updating safety procedures and manuals in line with operational developments.
- Implementing and monitoring of MOR procedures
- Liaison with all departments of the organisation, in particular the Head of Flight Operations and Engineering Quality Manager.
- Fostering a culture of commitment to flight safety and Just Culture
- Monitoring and maintaining high standards in all general professional conduct both within the company and in its external contact with other parties and agencies.
- Maintain a Compliance Management System covering EASA Part-ORA, EASA Part-ORO, EASA Part-FCL, EASA Part-CAT, MAA MRP, CAP371 and CAP789 and any associated approvals that:
- Ensures all Policies, Processes, Procedures and Manuals comply with UK law and associated regulations.
- Ensures that all employees comply with Policies, Processes, Procedures and Manuals.
- Provides clear feedback where required on compliance Performance, Corrective Actions & Preventative Actions to managers, nominated Post Holders and Accountable Manager.
- Ensures that the Compliance Management System is comprehensively documented and recorded on Centrik.
- Develop, monitor and trend Safety Performance Indicators
Based in South East or the South West but willing to travel as required to company bases and audit sites.
Please send application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org